This article covers everything you need to know about your account and verification. We'll review how to change your account details, possible reasons for lowered statistics, account closure and verification.
My account details
- How to change your:
- How lowered statistics work
- How to close your account
How to change your location
Your location is set when you register your account and is determined according to the country from where you register.
The same applies to the phone verification process. If you verify your phone from a different location, the location may change after completing the verification process.
If the location on your account appears to be incorrect, please contact Customer Support.
How to change your username
Note: Sellers have the option to change their display name.
Learn more with How to change your display name.
Since a username is your unique identity on Fiverr, it cannot be changed. If you would like to use another username, you will need to close your account and create a new one.
Learn more with How do I change my email or username?
How to change your email address
You can change your email address via email, phone verification, or SMS.
Learn more about the different ways to change your email address with How do I change my email or username?
The small circle by your username will indicate whether you're online (green circle) or offline (gray circle).
By default, your status will be set to "Online".
To change your status to "Offline":
- Log in > click your profile picture > Settings > Account.
- Under "ONLINE STATUS", you can select the amount of time you'll be "Offline" (1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, or Forever).
- Click Save Changes.
To go back online, select "GO ONLINE" from the same drop-down menu.
Closing your account
Learn more with How to deactivate or permanently delete your account.
Verifying my account
How to change your phone number
You don't need to have access to the old phone registered on your account, you only need to know the number. The code is sent to the new number being registered.
If you don’t remember your old phone number or your security question, please contact Customer Support.
To change your phone number:
- Log in > click your Profile Picture > My Settings > Phone Verification > Edit.
- Answer your security question > Provide your old phone number > Enter your new number.
- You'll then receive an SMS to the new phone number to verify your account. Add the
phone code to finalize the change.
Verifying your identity
To verify your identity:
- You will need to add a photo of an official government ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.) from a list of documents available to you—depending on your country of residence.
- After uploading your ID, you’ll be asked to take a selfie.
Your selfie and ID must match and belong to you in order to complete the process.