Fiverr’s unavailability feature offers a setting that allows you to specify a time frame during which you will not be able to receive new orders or messages. When your unavailability period ends, you will be automatically available again and your Gigs will be visible on the marketplace.
We have listened to your feedback and have improved the Set Availability feature. Now, when you are unavailable on Fiverr, your visibility will not necessarily be negatively impacted. So, go ahead and take a break! Your business will be waiting for you when you get back.
To set your availability:
- Once logged in, go to www.fiverr.com/my_profile.
Note: You can also access your profile from the homepage by clicking on your profile image, and then My Profile.
- On your Profile page, below your personal information, click the Set Availability button to set your availability.
Note: Once you click the Set Availability button, the Set your availability pop-up opens, where you can provide additional details.
- Select a Start Date (this can be today’s date or a future date).
- Select an End Date.
- It is optional but recommended to leave a message to existing and potential Buyers. You can either use the default message or, customize it to your liking. This message will be displayed on your Profile page, Inbox, and Gig pages.
- When you are unavailable, you can opt to receive messages from new buyers to ensure that you don't miss any exciting collaborations. If you want to allow new buyers to contact you while unavailable, switch on the Enable new buyers on Fiverr to contact me toggle.
Note: If you choose to receive messages, your response rate calculation will remain the same as when you are not out of the office (24 hr).
- Click Save.
To edit your availability settings or to adjust your return time:
You can change your availability settings, such as the time you return, from the banner on your profile page or from the profile section.
How it works for messages, orders, and the buyer experience:
To ensure transparency, when buyers view your profile, gig page, or conversations, it will be clearly indicated that you are currently out of the office.
Here are some things to keep in mind when using the Set Availability feature:
- Buyers will not be able to place a new order when you are marked as out of the office.
- Buyers will only be able to contact you if you have specified that you want to receive messages while out of the office, unless they have an active order.
How the availability feature will look using the Inbox:
The availability date will also appear while browsing through the Gig page:
The availability date will also be displayed on the Seller page:
These updates aim to provide a better experience for both sellers and buyers, ensuring effective communication and managing expectations. We believe these improvements will further strengthen your professional relationships and contribute to your overall success on Fiverr.
If you have any questions or require assistance with the new Availability feature, please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team. We are here to help you make the most of this update and provide a seamless experience for you and your buyers.
Will my response rate be affected?
No, if you choose to set your availability as unavailable, your response rate will be unaffected. However, if you switch on the Enable new buyers on Fiverr to contact me toggle, which enables new buyers to contact you, your response time and response rate will be counted as usual.
Once I set myself to be unavailable, what will Buyers see in their Inbox?
Once you have set yourself to unavailable, a banner will be displayed notifying buyers of your time away. According to your preferred setting, If the Buyer has not ordered from you in the past, or has a current active order, they will not be able to message you.
Can I become unavailable if I have active orders?
Yes, however, you are still required to deliver your orders on time and the buyer can still message you both on the Order page and in the Inbox, and the response rate calculation will continue as usual.
Once I become unavailable, will my Gig disappear from search?
Yes, your Gig will be temporarily removed from the search. Once you become available again, your Gigs will reappear.
Does becoming unavailable affect my Gig ranking?
Based on the new improvements, the unavailability feature will not necessarily have an impact on your Gig ranking. However, if the unavailability period runs over 30 days within a timeframe of 120 days, the Gig ranking might be affected.