Disclaimer: In the interest of all users’ marketplace safety, Video Calls are recorded and saved for 30 days. Keep all your communications on the Fiverr platform, since any unauthorized communications, outside Fiverr, can lead to account restrictions.
By setting up a Video Call, buyers and sellers can speak directly with each other. This is a great way to align expectations. Currently, only sellers can initiate Zoom Video Calls.
Zoom Video Call eligibility
|Video Call access|
Using Video Calls
We recommend that you contact your buyer/seller before creating a meeting, in order to confirm Video Call availability. Remember to take time zone differences into account.
To start a Zoom Video Call:
- Go to your Inbox from the Orders page.
- Select the Inbox message/buyer you'd like to have a video call with.
- You will see the video camera icon at the bottom of the chatbox. Click the video icon to start the chat.
- The Zoom Video Call invitation will appear in your messages. Click Join to join the Video Call.
Please note: Zoom recordings will be saved for 30 days.
Video Call policies
Video Calls are there to provide the best order experience possible, and to make sure that sellers are aligned with their buyers' needs. Sellers and buyers are expected to act professionally at all times and to adhere to Fiverr's Community Standards.
By joining a Fiverr Video Call, you agree to abstain from using:
- Inappropriate language
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, mental illness, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, accent, dialect, or national origin, etc.
- Hate speech or harassment
- Adult, nudity, or sexual activity, including sexual attention of any kind
- Threats of violence
- Prohibited Services on Fiverr—both offering and asking for said services
- Any attempts to move business off of Fiverr
Please note: We recommend that the summary of the Order's requirements discussed on Zoom are written down, in the order to avoid any misunderstandings that may arise.
Meeting Safety: Tips
|Important: Both parties have the ability to report a video meeting.
If you attended a meeting and the buyer/seller acted unprofessionally regarding the order (by asking for personal or payment details, etc.), report it to Customer Support.
Don’t share any sensitive personal information
For example: Passwords, credit card information, SSN, national identification card number, or any other private information.
Don’t click on any links or attachments that you may receive unless the context is absolutely clear
We recommend that you always use an antivirus on your own device as extra security.
Avoid remote access tools
Refrain from using tools such as TeamViewer and AnyDesk that allow a second party to potentially take control of your computer.
If you do need to use such a tool, make sure not to permit any operations. These may cause damage to your computer if accessed by another party.
Don’t engage in any type of online conversation that makes you feel uncomfortable
Remember, have the option to report your video call to Customer Support.
1. Are calls recorded?
Yes, Fiverr records these calls, and recordings are available for both buyers and sellers after the conversation. You can use the recordings for your reference.
2. How can I access the recording after the conversation has ended?
You can watch the recording after the meeting ends. Recordings are available to watch for 30 days after the conversation, for all participants.
3. Does Fiverr monitor these recordings?
All Fiverr calls are recorded for trust and safety purposes. We’ll only access a call when it’s reported to us or when our system flags suspicious activity in a call.
4. Can sellers record me without telling me that they are recording?
All Fiverr calls are recorded by default for trust and safety purposes. Once a call is over, both sides have access to the recording. If you don’t want to have your call recorded, we recommend that you use your Inbox messages to communicate with sellers.
5. Can my colleagues join in on the call? And can I share the same link with another freelancer and allow them to join?
Yes, you can share the link from the Zoom call, and invite others to join.