Fiverr Policies and Guidelines
We want to ensure that Fiverr is a high-quality and safe marketplace, which is why all members need to be aware of our policies and guidelines listed in our Community Standards. Here are our main policies and guidelines for both you and your customers to have the best Fiverr experience possible.
Keep it real
- Use a profile picture to put a face to your name.
- Include an accurate and informative description of your professional background.
- Make sure to add your education and skills to showcase your expertise and qualification.
- Fill out the Professional Website section while setting up your profile for extra credibility with Fiverr's moderation teams.
Clean communication is key
- To maintain a professional marketplace, the service you're providing should align with our Terms of Service.
- All communication regarding your business should be kept on Fiverr. When communicating on Fiverr, you enjoy the benefits of our platform's ease of use, security, and having someone to turn to in case a problem arises.
- Be professional when communicating with your customers. Be polite and use courteous language. Send them informative updates and messages of value to maintain a collaborative relationship.
- Spamming is not allowed on Fiverr. Please respect our members' privacy by not contacting them with offers, questions, suggestions, or anything not directly related to their Gigs or orders. If you receive a spam message or a message violating our TOS, use the spam or report icon accordingly.
- The best way to get a good review is to be professional, responsive, and courteous. Asking customers for positive ratings goes against our terms.
- And most importantly, don't discriminate based on gender, religion, ethnicity, or nationality. Diversity is an integral part of Fiverr!
Optimizing Your Gig's Content
We're here to help you take your business to the next level. Here's how to create a Gig that will take center stage and help you stand out from the rest.
The right words can attract the right customers. Here's what you'll need to optimize your content:
A clever, concise title
This is your first impression. It's what shows up in the search, so incorporate the most relevant keyword in your title so that your service will appear in the search results. Your Gig title starts with, "I will," so make sure a strong verb follows it, and that it is grammatically correct.
Browse your subcategory to see what the most common keywords are for your service. Then make sure you add the relevant search tags to your Gig.
Describe what you offer
This is the section where you make a case for yourself as a Fiverr seller. Be clear about what you offer, the added value you bring to your service, your skills, and what distinguishes you from others in your field. This is also where you should mention the type of service you aren't willing to do. Avoid repeating information that you've provided in other sections of your Gig.
When relevant, specify what languages, platforms, and software you will use. Don't forget to include keywords that your target customers will look for. Mention your turnaround time, and the number of revisions you will provide as well.
Give them all the answers
To ensure it's a perfect match between you and a customer, include FAQs about your services. This way, there's no confusion as to what you will deliver. Include all the questions you usually get asked when delivering a service and any other relevant information you feel your buyer should know before ordering.
Use a template in your Gig requirements
To save time, set expectations, and avoid misunderstandings: lay out all your requirements so your customers can specify exactly what they need. Make sure your requirements cover everything you need to start working on the order.
Optimizing Your Gig's Gallery
Create and use visually pleasing Gig images. We are judgmental by nature and when potential buyers come across your Gig, your Gig’s level of appeal is determined very quickly. If judged as “attractive,” your CTR is likely to be higher and buyers are more likely to spend more time reviewing your service. Overall, a product or service’s online representation influences potential buyers’ perceived usefulness or enjoyment. Generate more revenue and attract high-quality buyers for your business by using Gig images that stand out. Make the most of how your business presents itself in the marketplace using our Gig image guidelines.
Video is also a great way to showcase your skills. Flaunt your expertise by uploading a showreel with a variety of work samples. Keep in mind that Gigs with videos perform better.
For non-visual services, create a unique and relevant image that explains your Gig and attracts customers. Tip: To add credibility to your Gig, we recommend including a photo of yourself in your Gig image. Once your image is uploaded, review your Gig card to ensure your image is centered and looks good!
As mentioned above, we recommend including videos. You can include a web/app preview, or a video of yourself explaining what you bring to the table. You can upload a PDF with your resume and more work samples, as they are typically the best option for displaying written-word content.
Watch this video to help you get off to a great start!
Pricing your Gig
Now that you know how to describe your Gig let’s talk about how to price your Gig so you can start earning more.
When considering how to price your Gig, think about the following:
- How long does the service take you to complete?
- What is your time worth?
- Keep in mind that your revenue will be 80% of the purchased amount.
Below are some pricing best practices.
Set your price
- Check out the average rate in the marketplace for the service you’re offering to know how to price your Gigs.
- Take advantage of Gig Extras and provide additional services to your packages. A Gig Extra is an additional service that you can add to complement your original service; for example, if you offer logo designs, you can provide the source file for an additional fee.
- Customized pricing - Use the Custom Offer feature to generate specific Gig offers, tailored to your customers’ business needs.
Read more about how to perfect your pricing strategy.
Give customers more choices
- Capture a larger audience by creating at least three packages at three different price points.
- Begin with a starting price, adding a basic package, and work your way up from there.
Optimize your business
- As you grow your business and your reputation on Fiverr, it’s an opportunity to increase your potential rates.
Want to learn more? Check out this video for some more great tips.
Promoting Your Gig
Scale your Business:
- Custom offers: Generate custom offers for customers who need a more personalized service offering.
- Seller badge embed: If you have a personal blog or website, you can create a badge that leads to your profile and embed it to drive more traffic to your Gig.
- Social media share: Share your seller profile on all your social media to get your followers in on the action.
This can be an effective tool to jump-start your business by seeing relevant buyer requests and offering your services.
Watch this video to learn more about sending offers.