We’re pleased to introduce the new partial refund option so you can make the necessary payment adjustments to your existing order. In the event that your current project or order flow changes, this new option will enable you to cancel a portion of an order rather than canceling the order entirely.
Partial refund eligibility
Partial refunds will be applied toward the initial amount (primary amount) of an active order. This means that if an extra was added to the order after it was placed, the partial refund would only cover the initial amount and not any extras added thereafter.
For example. Buyer paid $20 on the initial order and then added a $10 extra, only the $20 will be covered by the partial refund.
Note: The seller’s Order Completion Rate will not be affected even if the order is completed with a partial refund.
Additionally, the following criteria are also applicable:
- The option to request a partial refund will only be available for orders that are in an active status. Once an order is marked as completed, a partial refund is not possible.
- Each offer will be up to 60% of the original order price. For example: If your order is for $200 - the partial refund allowed for this price point is $120.
- The minimum order amount to be eligible for a partial refund is currently $50 and we will gradually reduce the minimum order amount over time.
- Orders placed on or after June 11th, 2023 are eligible for a partial refund.
Note: This feature is still in a beta testing phase and is not yet available to all sellers.
The kind of order that was purchased should be taken into account as these may differ.
Regular orders (one-time purchase orders) will have the option of a partial refund.
Milestone orders are also included. However, a partial refund can only be applied on the first milestone. After the first milestone is marked as complete, the partial refund option will no longer be available.
Discounted orders such as those purchased along with a promo code, seller coupon, promotions, or orders purchased with Fiverr credits are not eligible for a partial refund. This may change in the future.
Subscription orders are not eligible for a partial refund as these are considered as a discounted order type.
Seller and buyer views
Before submitting the request, we encourage buyers and sellers to get in touch with one another and reach a consensus on a new targeted price. To better manage expectations and provide better services, this is a smart practice.
Note: Only sellers have the capability to send a partial refund offer.
- Go to the Resolution Center from the order page.
- Two options will appear on the page, which you can select from. Make sure to select Offer a partial refund.
- Enter in the amount that you would like to refund, along with a detailed explanation of the offer to the buyer. The next step will prompt you to select from a dropdown menu.
Note: “Tell us why you want to send a refund” is anonymous to the buyer and will not be shared with them.
- Proceed with “Send offer”.
- A notification will appear which will confirm that your buyer has received your refund offer.
- If the buyer does not respond to the offer within 3 days, the offer will expire. This means that the offer is no longer valid and will be canceled automatically.
Note: If an agreement is not reached, the seller will have the option to withdraw the offer.
Now available via the Android app.
Sellers are able to offer a partial refund using the Android app.
- Go to the Resolution Center from the order page.
- Four options will appear on the page, which you can select from. Make sure to select Offer a partial refund.
- Select the reason for the refund.
- Enter in the amount that you would like to refund, along with a detailed explanation of the offer to the buyer.
- Hit "Send".
- You will be notified via email and through the order page once the seller sends in their offer.
2. The breakdown of the amount and reason for the request will appear under the “Activity” section of the order page. Here, you can decline or accept the proposed refund.
- Depending on whether you accept or decline the offer, a new pop up will appear asking you the reason for your decision.
Note: If the buyer does not respond to the offer within 3 days, the offer will expire. This means that the offer is no longer valid and will be canceled automatically.
Who can place partial refund offers?
Only sellers have the capability to send the partial refund offer. The buyer is responsible for accepting or declining the offer after a certain period of time.
Where do the funds go after the refund has been processed?
The refund will be sent to the original payment source used to process the payment.
How will I receive the notification of the offer?
Both buyers and sellers will receive an email and will receive a notification.
Can the seller send a partial refund offer through the Fiverr app?
Yes, the partial refund feature is now available through the Fiverr app.
Will the service fees be refunded?
If the service fee amount on the new price turns out to be lower than it should have been on the original price, the difference will be refunded to the buyer. On the other hand, if the service fee amount on the new price turns out to be higher, the difference will not be charged.
Can a partial refund be canceled?
Once the refund has been processed, it cannot be reversed.
Will the Order Completion Rate be affected when the offer is accepted or declined?
Whether the offer is accepted or not, this will not impact the seller’s statistics.
How can a partial refund impact the seller’s service fee?
The seller’s fee will be calculated based on the final price after the partial refund price point.
Are there any limits on the partial refund requests?
Once the partial refund is accepted by the buyer, more requests cannot be offered on that same order.
Does a partial refund on an order affect a buyer's ability to leave a review?
Orders that have received a partial refund are regarded as completed orders. This means that the buyer can post a review.